Mrs. Alexander is Christophers neighbor across the street who inadvertently helps Christopher with his detective work. She`s notewothy for a few reasons. First, she doesn’t mean to reveal to Christopher any secrets about his mother – she just can’t imagine that Christopher doesn’t know that his mother was having an affair with their next-door neighbor. Another thing we noticed is that, even though she’s a nice old lady and has a dog and offers Christopher snacks and things like that, he still completly distrusts her and is afraid that she might try to hurt him.
And when we put these two things together, we could say that Christopher Imagines dangers or problems that aren’t there and misses some dangers that really are right in front of him, Mrs. Alexander helps us to see this things.
Our most popular articles
- 125,773 visits
- Identity and Finding One’s Place in Life
- Analysis: Minor Characters in the Novel
- Letter to Siobhan about order in life
- Order in life
- Summary chapter 179
- Artwork: Christopher’s dream
- Drawing: Christopher’s brain
- Character: Siobhan
- Christopher’s classmates write to Siobhan
- Christopher`s likes and dislikes
- Follow "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon on WordPress.com
Search for the truth: